Tuesday, July 28, 2015
from Twitter https://twitter.com/pirategirljack
July 28, 2015 at 10:40PM
Life and Literature by Kitty Cat Stevens:
“Life and Literature is a series of miniature books collected inside a tattered and discarded old book of the same name.
The original book has been carved out to include 12 niches, each with a small handmade book inside. Each miniature book includes hand watercolored pages, vintage dictionary papers, and an inspirational quote that was typed out on a vintage Smith-Corona typewriter. All these pages are sewn together and covered by a portrait of the author that’s been embellished with hand-embroidered details.
The goal was to celebrate a bibliophile’s fondness for literature, writing, and words.“ Read More »
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1JN6ZA1
Us in real life - tumblr - My cat is actually named Melissa Johnson the Cat (not to be confused with Melissa Johnson the Fish)
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1LRkqF8
Monday, July 27, 2015
1. Do you feel wanderlust? Are there things--moods, books, shows, times of the year--that trigger it, or is it more of a constant thing? Is it a moving-away from something or a moving-toward something? How do you manage it when you can't go somewhere?
2. What was the last book you read? How long ago was that? Do you consider yourself a "reader"? Why or why not? Do you want to read more, or do you think you should read less? Why or why not?
3. Make a list of things you would like to change about your life--and then things you could do to change them. Why do you want them changed? Why haven't you changed them yet? Are these real reasons or are they excuses?
4. What are your guilty pleasures? Why are they "guilty" and not just pleasures? Where does the guilt come from--and does it actually apply to your life as you live it now?
5. Copy down the lyrics of your latest favorite song in the middle of a page, then, in the space around it, make notes and talk about why you like it so much. Is there a killer bit of music at some point? Do the words really resonate with you? Does the meaning give you guidance, or the poetry of the lines speak to you?
6. If you could assemble a council of awesome people from anywhere in time to advise you in your life, who would be on it? Why? What guidance could they offer? Do they have biographies you could read or websites you could follow?
7. What is something you buy at the store that you could make at home? Have you tried it? Would you switch to home made? Go online and research recipes or methods or tutorials; print or copy the good ones in your book / journal file for future reference.