It's like the prettiest stained glass! #nailpolish #incidentaltwin #etsy http://ift.tt/1abYRXD. #Repost @manisandmakeovers with @repostapp. ・・・ I guest posted for @behappybuypolish ! Check out my post on her website. It features 3 indies: @pirategirljack's Incidental Twin Squeeze Pop collection, @ms_sparkle_polish Sheer O'Magic Collection and @myindiepolish "Sadness" Go to link in bio for more info. #nailart #naildesign #nailpolish #nails #manicure #manicures#mani #art #design #polishlove #nail#naillove#nailswag #naillovers #nagellack #naildesigns#nailartdesign#nailartdesigns #thenailartstory #nailpromote #nailporn #nagellack #nailaddicts #indiesrock #indieswatch #indiepolishaddict #indie #indiepolishnailart via Instagram http://ift.tt/1L4zuuj
- Married to the Wind
- About Me
- Publications and Shop
- Herding the Dragon?
- Five + 1 Questions
- Writing Goals
- Writing Resources
- My Talented Friends
- Personal Canon
- Hypergraphia Writing Services
- The sidebar graveyard
- Who Is This Sami Girl?
- Start Here!
- People I Love
- Contact Me!
- My Personal Cannon
- Be a Makeshift Surfaces Sponsor!
- Liveblogs and Reviews!
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
So pretty! Thank you for using my polish babies in this #mani! #nailpolish #incidentaltwin http://ift.tt/1JQ0c84. #Repost @manisandmakeovers with @repostapp. ・・・ I guest posted for @behappybuypolish ! Check out my post on her website. It features 3 indies: @pirategirljack's Incidental Twin Squeeze Pop collection, @ms_sparkle_polish Sheer O'Magic Collection and @myindiepolish "Sadness" Go to link in bio for more info. #nailart #naildesign #nailpolish #nails #manicure #manicures#mani #art #design #polishlove #nail#naillove#nailswag #naillovers #nagellack #naildesigns#nailartdesign#nailartdesigns #thenailartstory #nailpromote #nailporn #nagellack #nailaddicts #indiesrock #indieswatch #indiepolishaddict #indie #indiepolishnailart via Instagram http://ift.tt/1OiEJev
Monday, October 5, 2015
1. After the moon is colonized, and there are people born there who have never been to earth, the moon loses contact with the earth, under mysterious circumstances. What do the people who live there do about it? Do they try to reestablish contact, or do they assume they're now autonomous?
2. Deep under a lake, people find an alien space ship that's been there for a long time. How long, and where it comes from is the mystery. Who goes about finding those answers, and what happens along the way?
3. In the future, housing is at a premium, and everyone has a job arranged by the government, allowing every house to have a day shift and a night shift, but you hardly meet the people who live in your house when you're away. What can a main character infer about those people just from what they leave behind? And what happens when their secrets come out at the wrong time of the day and affect your character?
4. Hundreds of years ago, a culture was divided into land-people and water-people, and they each retreated to their own realms. Neither has seen each other since then. But there's a new threat from people from the sky; can they overcome differences, or will the sky people divide them further?
5. Stories tell of a queen who lives deep under the earth on a throne made of ancient stones and roots, and wearing a crown made of bones. Most people think that she's a myth...but strange things are starting to happen in the village closest to her supposed kingdom-accessing cave. What strange things are they? And what happens to those who dare to investigate?
1. What did you / would you name your first child? Where did the name come from? What does it mean to you?
2. How do you set up a new page in your planner? If you don't have a specific style, what would you include if you were going to create one? Is there anything, either way, that you have tried out that didn't work for you? Why?
3. Do you play video games? If not, why? If so, what are your favorites, and what do you like about them? What's your favorite platform? Do you consider yourself a gamer?
4. What is your favorite season? What is your favorite sort of weather in that season? How close are you to it now?
5. Make a list of things you have lost, whether items or states or metaphorical things. Where did they go? Can you find or reclaim any of them, and what changes would those things bring to your life if you did?
6. List ten things that make you feel "on fire"--charged up and able to do anything. Why do they make you feel so bright and powerful? What can you do to get more of that power in your life each week?
7. What plot or character or setting points will guarantee that you like a movie? List them, then list movies that fit those characteristics. Once the list is done, what patterns can you find in your own tastes in entertainment?
Add your links here, and if there's enough, I'll pick my favorites for a post next week!
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Warning: These 5 Points Will Help You Create Awesome Female Villains
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1WEAAo7
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1WEAAo7
Mrs. Knott's Book Nook: Celebrate This Week 10.03.15:
'via Blog this'
"Our students last year, as written above, went through a huge Amulet craze. We feel sad that when Amulet 7 comes out in February, our kids in 5th grade probably wouldn't get their hands on it for awhile. Knowing how much joy that series brought to them, we came up with a plan. We're going to buy a copy and send it with our former student. He'll have instructions to read it and share it with our former Meadowview (our school) students. After a student reads the book, they will sign their name in the cover and pass it on to another student who will read it, sign it, and continue to pass it along. We're hoping that it will one day make its way back to us so we can see how many kids were able to read it. "This is such a great idea--think of how great it would have been, as a kid, to have someone you liked and trusted hand you a book they'd loved, and when you open it up, you can see everyone else who has read it, too! How wonderful! It's like Bookcrossing, but more specifically personal! Viral books!
'via Blog this'
It's time again for my Saturday Celebration! This week was better than last week, as far as being calm enough to look for things to celebrate, but it's still a super-stressful time we're all going through, and I'm glad to have this moment to look for the good.
This wee I'm celebrating...
- Getting my third book out! Part 3 was the hardest part to get gone, and had the most delays, but it's out now, and people can read it and hopefully love it as much as I do!
- My brother asking if I wanted to go to the movies tomorrow right at the moment when I most needed something to distract me.
- My sister's best friend offering to find me a weekend job so I can get some extra money of my own, and the scary edge of uncertainty that all that jobsearching mess brings up, and how that means I'm stretching my limits.
- The sudden and dazzling blast of sunshine that just broke through the clouds so that the kids could go outside for the first time in over a week, since all this rain started.
- The sweet warm cuddle of a kitty that got cold at night being the first thing I notice when I wake up, instead of the yelling and arguing of a four year old and an eight year old that is usually the first thing.
- The fact that it actually is cold and night, and wonderfully fall-like, even though it warmed up again between last Saturday and this one.
- The slow return of inspiration after the mess editing and publishing made of my brain.
- How wonderfully good all the new shows are this year, so that I have almost too many things to watch--it's no longer the days of my childhood when there would only be one good show on TV all year!
- All the people who believe in the nail polish I make enough to renew subscriptions, or to order again before the first order has shipped!
What're you celebrating this week, lovely readers?
Friday, October 2, 2015
I saw this on my professor’s door and I can’t even deal with the accuracy.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1OcRcSs
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Came out WET like pudding in the middle, even after two hours cooking, but slicing and roasting under the broiler made them drier! Tastes great, just needs something to make it less dense & more dry... #gf via Instagram http://ift.tt/1j43CiN
No makeup, no nail polish, the day after a book launch! I look a bit rough, but I woke up feeling thin and happy, and the weather has cooled enough that the humidity is mostly gone and it feels great outside, so I'm fine with all of it.
Still no idea of my weight, but I feel like it's gone down. Having a grilled cheese on regular gluten-y bread last night has made me a little achy, but not so bad I can't handle the world right now, so that's good. The Diet is hard to stick to when all the pumpkin-y baked goods come out, but I'm gonna ration my cheat days so I don't get sick over fall like I did last year.
- Keep up on geeky TV posts on Professional Fangirl as the last of the shows premier and come back
- Do a month-long side project to get back in the habit of writing new stuff after editing and publishing ate the whole of my brain last month
- Get new colors up in the Incidental Twin shop
- Do Stargardener's month-long lapbook challenge--part of the Right Brain Planner pile of stuff you get when you subscribe (which will, in turn, be part of this month's Magic Book I'll be making page by page throughout the month)
- Continue looking for paid work, and start proposing articles to magazines so I can afford to live on my own and have some space and quiet
- Plan for the fourth quarter, start setting up for the holidays in the stores, and build my platform and my reach (all of which sounds very corporate, and I need to find a cool, organic way of doing it so I don't feel like a schmo)
- Work on relaxing--this summer has been awful, emotionally and stress-aly and health-wise
- Get back to the Daily Practice; refine mine so it's easier to keep when things get stressful
- Get artsy
What are your goals for this month?
The Righteous Man and The Rumpled Angel from the #Supernatural #SPN line! #incidentaltwin #nailpolish #etsy http://ift.tt/1abYRXD #destiel #shippers #ishipit via Instagram http://ift.tt/1YR1M4N